Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Simple Christmas in August

Hi all!

It's challenge time over at Twisted Tuesdays! For challenge #56 we are to create something Christmas themed and the twist is it has to be CAS (clean and simple)

I made a card and a scrap page. Yeah, can you believe that?! :)

I made a faint gray line to represent the ground using a Spectrum marker and my ruler.
Then I stamped the tree in Pear Pizzazz ink (stamp is from CTMH) and the present in Cherry Cobbler ink (stamp is from Jolly Bingo Bits from SU!). Both of these images I had to use my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get them straight....I'm OCD that way. :)
Then, I stamped the sentiment (from Verve) and punched it out with my oval punch and added some rhinestones. DONE!

I also made this...
It's a very, very simple layout. What makes it simple to me is that I didn't use my Cricut machine (I used that with piratically every page I create!), the background paper is all dolled up so no need for extra pieces to cover it up and I only used 2 embellishments! Wow!
Creating this page reminded me of the "good old days" when I didn't have my Cricut and I had to be very, very creative with my brain! ha ha ha Well, I have so many Christmas pictures each year for each album, I can't spend lots of time on those pages or I would never get finished! LOL This was a great way to get a Holiday page done for my current album.

Thanks so much for visiting! I hope to see you play at Twisted Tuesdays! The link is in my right sidebar.

Until next time...
Blessings...

Melina

2 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Beautiful, Melina!

Zella said...

Love the CAS card....I think you're the Queen of CAS! And the page is adorable too - what a great memory to preserve.