Friday, October 19, 2012

Oh Goofy Santa, I Want to be a Maven!


Hi all! Yes, this is my second post of the day.

Click here to see my previous post:

I decided to try my hand at another page using a sketch from the Sketches in Thyme challenge blog. This one happens to be for their Design Team Call they have going on right now. It ends tomorrow so I'm coming in under the wire.....Whew! a close one :)

Here's what I created:

using this sketch:
I turned mine "mirror image" and thought our goofy son would be a great subject! *giggle*
Aaron is a hoot! He is a big ole ham for the camera and loves making faces.

Here's the link to the Design Team Call:
I have been having a ball with Sketches in Thyme's layouts. There is beautiful inspiration on their site. Thanks for all your hard work Mavens :)

Page details:
Title and journaling read ~
"Our Goofy Santa, his belly was round, it must be St. Nick! ha! ha! ha! Merry Christmas!" using Cricut Art Philosophy and All Mixed Up cart, white gel pen and My Mind's Eye c/s pieces
 card stock ~ SU!
patterned paper ~ I think it is Paper Studio (it was a scrap piece)
Stamp ~ SU! Jolly Bingo Bits, real red ink
Embellishments ~ SU! buttons, MFT buttons, baker's twine, washi tape, red brads

 Have a good one!
Until next time...
Blessings...

Melina

9 comments:

April said...

Great layout Melina!! I so need together back into scrapbooking! I just might he to take a 'page' out of your book and check out where you are getting your inspiration!

Good luck on te call!

Unknown said...

Melina - you always have such great projects! thanks for inspiring me to start Christmas projects now!

Darlene said...

Totally great page, Melina. But then again, your two boys and their fun pictures give you a lot to work with! love the layout and the colors. Good luck!

Athina said...

Very cute Melina! I really like the way you inked the edges of the red on opposite corners. It really stands out. Fantastic layout!

tiffany said...

love your goofy santa layout, so playful!! Thanks for joining in our DT call at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

Patty Gorka said...

Good luck with the DT call! Your page turned out wonderfully!

Ana Carolina Little said...

Melina, thanks for sharing the sketch, I'm always looking for scrapbook sketches. Love your page...and that goofy face!!!

Heather B said...

I don't think I've ever seen you scrapbook before. Looks great!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Fun! Aaron, looks so cute.