Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Are You Blue?



Hello Everyone!
How is you day going?
I hope you are well. Thank you for stopping by!

This week's Twisted Tuesday Challenge asks the question....Are You Blue?
Find the challenge here:

The Twist is we want you to try and use only 1 other color besides blue in your creation.
I think this trinket box I made for a special friend goes along.....my other color is brown/tan....

 This started out as a plain wooden box from Hobby Lobby.
 I got out the Modge Podge and went to work "pasting" on different papers.
 I love the glossy coat the Modge Podge added.
Then, of course, I had to add some bling.....well, a lot of bling and pearls!....oh, oh, oh, and flowers!
 Here's a close up of the flowers. I painted every so lightly the leaves to go along with the other colors of the box. The bright green just stood out too much. The flower/medallion in the background with the pearl middle is a piece cut from patterned paper.
So, for my first altered box.....I think I did alright and I am HOOKED! I gotta get another and make it for myself! :)

(the inside and bottom I painted dark brown and added some goodies for Lisa inside. :)

Until next time...
Blessings...

Melina

8 comments:

craftieodmae said...

wowzers! Absolutley awesome!!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous altered box... brown and blue was where I started my blogging life (obsessively for a number of posts) only a couple of short months ago, and it remains a huge favourite. Wonderful distressing and great embellishments! Love a blue challenge, thank you...
Alison x

Athina said...

So pretty! Your friend is going to love it! I love the brown and blue together.

~Paola~ said...

wowww...let me pick up my jaw from the floor now!! This is absolutly *AWESOME* Melina!! Lots of great details too and such great color combo! Your friend will treasure it I am sure!! Lucky girl!!!♥ *TFS*

Liz Williams said...

What a treasure this beautiful box is!! WOW, the time that goes into these projects are what usually makes these not feasible for me, but I love seeing what others so amazingly create.

Patty Gorka said...

WOW, this is stunning! Your friend is sure to love all the time and beauty you put into this!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Stunning altered box!

Heather B said...

This is just beautiful!!!