Sunday, July 15, 2012

Golden Oldie Duel!


We're Dueling Again!

Darlene sent us (Dazzlers) a cutie, cute kit.

Here's what I made with it.
Just look at that lovely couple!
Do you see their liver spots?! Hahahaha I couldn't resist!!!

These are the details to the kit she sent:
Image is from Art Impression's "Golden Oldies series, entitled BBQ Couple  (isn't it fun?!)
DP:  Karen Foster Designs: Food & Family Collage; Ants on Parade; Barbecue Bash DP: Reminisce:  Picnic Parade; Grill Master
Stickers:  Reminisce:  Backyard Bash

Other misc. embellishments are from my stash here, no particular vendor.
Please post a favorite barbecue recipe, or a salad or side dish recipe that is a hit with your family when getting together for cookouts.  Tami & I thought that it would be fun to swap some recipes with this round.
So, all I added was my white card base and the red hexagon shapes. I had fun with this fun kit.
Okay, my favorite BBQ recipe.....well, currently (I have a lot of BBQ faves!) I'm lovin' me some grilled corn!

Garlic~Cheese Corn

~ Fresh corn on the cob
~ garlic powder
~ butter
~ Parmesan cheese
~ foil

Take the husks off your corn, clean the silks off. Pull off enough foil to wrap the ears. I usually have 4 ears and pull off 4 pieces of foil. Sprinkle each ear lightly with garlic powder. Then add some dashes of Parmesan cheese along with a tsp "shmear" of butter. Roll the ears pulling edges up and place on the grill on med heat for 15 minutes. Turn them half way through cooking process.
Oh my! I will never prepare corn on the cob by boiling it again! I love this stuff. **When a grill is not available you can do the same thing in the oven....400 degrees for approx. 25 minutes.**


Thanks so much for visiting!
Please see what our other Darlings have made.....their blogs are listed in my left side bar.


Until next time...
Blessings...


Melina

21 comments:

April said...

YUM
to both the card and the corn recipe!

I love the liver spots! Very nice take on the kit!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Melina, your card is FABULOUS! I love love love the way you colored he image - liver spots and all! ;) And WOW! Look at your layout and how you used all those marvelous papers, etc. PERFECT!

I'm going to have to get my husband to grill us some corn, following your recipe. Sounds so yummy!

Carol W said...

YUMMMMMMMMMM....that corn sounds absolutely divine...wow...thanks for posting the recipe....your card is also divine...great job on your coloring and I love the layout...way to go.....

dweatter said...

Oh Melina what clever coloring you did of the image! Love the shading and the added age spots on these two token oldies! And you gave them gray hair...I didn't even think of that. How fun! Great hexagon punches. And I have fresh corn in the fridge...we are grilling it tonite.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super fun! Great job!

Judy McMullen said...

Great card, Melina! Your BBQ couple are adorable and I think it's so funny you colored with liver spots...well, it's not so funny when you have them IRL! LOL!! Love those d.p. and embellishments...perfect with the BBQ/Grilling theme. I'm going to have to try your Garlic-Cheese Corn recipe. It sounds yummy! TFS!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Okay, three words. Liver spots and shmear. Love it!

You colored the image so well. and the little details are so cute and in theme. Great job.

The corn on the cob sounds delish...will have to try that one. I too am not a fan of boiling corn!

Athina said...

What a hoot! Love those liver spots! Great card!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Love the card Melina, especially the hexagons at the bottom!


LJ

Barb said...

Melina--your card put a smile on my face. Love the colors and the brads? in the corner are cute!

I need to check out your recipe when we get home---hope we have sweet corn with all of the drought this year!

craftieodmae said...

absolutley gorgeous, love your coloring!!!!

Liz said...

Love your card and all the shapes and colors you put into it ,looks like you had so much fun while making it. your recipes sounds so good too.Hugs Liz D

Darlene said...

Woot Woot!! Love the red hexagons & ROFL about the liver spots!!!! Brilliant!!!

Your card is fun & your grilled corn recipe will be a hit around here for sure!

Thanks for playing with the kit!

Ana Carolina Little said...

Awesome card Melina and you make me so hungry right now!!!. Love the image... well done!!!

Liz Williams said...

Would you look at this happy little couple!!! It appears they love to eat as much as I do!!!This is just adorable, Melina!

Terry Ladwig said...

First of all the corn sounds yummy!

Second...your card is great! Love the octogons and the way you used the embellies!

Great job!

Terry Ladwig said...

Yep....hexagons, not octagons. I was never good at Geometry ☺

MiamiKel said...

Oh how fun!! Your coloring is amazing - it looks like something you'd see in a story book! So soft and wonderful, paired with the fun papers and great design - magnificent! x0x0

~Paola~ said...

awwwsuch a delightful card! You used that fun image to its full potential...splendidly colored and the layout is perfect.
such great card Melina...*love it*♥

Heather B said...

So cute!!!

Lela said...

Cute colored image, you rocked this kit of fun stuff!