Saturday, July 7, 2012

Christmas in July!


Hi all!

I've been a very bad girl. I haven't had a crafty second it seems these past few weeks. I hope to get "back in the swing of things" this next week.......then I'm off again for a week at the beach. :) Summer is SOOOO busy around here.

Anyway, I was supposed to have a CAS Christmas card loaded to my blog on the 5th. As you can see that didn't happen. I was out of town....again. So, to our wonderful hostess Patty, in the Crafty Gals group, I am so, so sorry I'm late. Here it is though....two cards for the challenge!!!! :)

With my first card I used the new Lacy & Lovely set from SU! I love circles you know, so that set was a must have for my first order out of the new catalog. :) I cut the circles with my Spellbinders and the sentiment (Christmas Greetings SU! set) is cut with the deckled rectangles Spellbinders die.

My second CAS Christmas card for Patty's challenge.
I used the For the Birds set from SU! (I love that set!!!). I ink pad, water-colored the image. The background paper is from Paper Studio. I distressed the newsprint paper and added some lace and twine.

The second card also goes along with the Twisted Tuesday Challenge this week. To make a vintage style card with stripes. :) Check it out! You have until Sunday night to enter!

Patty!!! Thank you so much for a great challenge :)
Please be sure and visit my other Crafty Gal Sisters. Their blogs can be found in my right sidebar.

Have a great day!

Until next time...
Blessings...

Melina

8 comments:

Athina said...

Both cards are simply beautiful! I love the old feel of the second one!

Tenia Nelson said...

Both of these cards rock!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both cards are absolutely wonderful! Hope things are going well for you!

MiamiKel said...

Oh Melina, what a combo of gorgeousness! I am in LOVE with your 2nd card - such a treasure it is. I hope it would be okay to CASE you on that one closer to the holiday time!
Hugs!!

Barb said...

I love both of them--great colors and you did rock the CAS Challenge!

Patty Gorka said...

Both of your cards are wonderful! I especially love the first one, I may have to case that card! So nice to see you back stamping again.

Liz Williams said...

I really like the stamp on the first card. The texture grabbed my attention too. Aren't you smart to start your Christmas cards!!!

Heather B said...

Beautiful cards!! I think I like the second one the best, but only because I love what you did with that "newsprint" background paper.