Friday, May 18, 2012

Totally Pinterest Inspired!


Hello!
The weekend is upon us....are you getting inky or scrappy?

Well, today I made something I've never attempted before....Coaster tiles!!! They are totally an idea I found on Pinterest. :)

 I purposely bought the textured 4"x4" tiles at Lowe's. I wanted my coasters to have character! :)
 My patterned papers come from an In Color paper pack from SU!
 I rounded the corners and distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Tea Dye ink. I also sanded the edges of the papers.
 See all the nooks and dips in them? I love it!
 I stamped each paper with my Circle Circus stamp set (SU!) in chocolate chip ink and Tim Holtz tea dye ink. (for any of you that know me.....this coaster ^^^^^^^^ is my favorite....I wonder why? :)
Also for any of you that know me...or have been in my home....you know that these coasters are going to fit right in!!! Green and Brown....a perfect combination! :D

Supplies used:
4"x4" decor tiles from Lowe's
patterned paper (thin is best)
Glossy finish Modge Podge
Rubber stamps and inks
Sanding block
Sponge dauber
Clear coat poly Spray
Patience for drying process! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...
Blessings...

Melina

8 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

These are spectacular Melina! Super great ides!

Unknown said...

Wow - those are fabulous!

craftieodmae said...

absolutley gorgeous!!!! I love that site too!

Carol said...

These are just darling, Melina. I have stamped on coasters before using Stazon and then spraying with a sealer. I have made several sets as gifts. Every time we go to my inlaws, I see the set I made for her an vow to go home and make a set for myself.....maybe some day I will really do it!

Ana Carolina Little said...

LOVE THEM MELINA!!!.

:: BlueInks :: said...

Really fun and creative, Melina! I love the colors and you are right in choosing the tumbled tiles, they look great!

MiamiKel said...

Oh this so beautiful! What a terrific idea! THis looks like you had so much fun with this - it came out wonderful! x0x0

Anonymous said...

Neat!!!!