Friday, December 16, 2011

25 Days of Christmas Creations Day 17

Day 17?! Already?! Wow, time is flying by with my daily posts. I hope you're enjoying my 25 Days of Christmas Creations. (check out my Nov. 30th post to see what all the hoop la is about)
This card is not CAS. It took me a while but it was so worth it. I wanted to use Bravo Burgundy b/c at my house, that ink/card stock does not get enough attention. It is a beautiful shade for Christmas though...

First I stamped on a piece of white card stock. I then found the center line cut it then cut it into thirds. I inked around all the edges and mounted it on basic black. Then! I stamped versamark ink all over the image and clear embossed it! Yes, it is so pretty in person. You can't see it good in the pic. Like I said, this was a very involved card but it was well worth it. Needless to say, I will be sending this to someone I know will cherish it and not just look at it and throw it away! :)
I hope you try this technique!
Until next time...
Blessings...

Melina

4 comments:

April said...

Awesome card! A great color choice for the season and love how you used a dark color to "frost" the window panes!

Ana Carolina Little said...

This is so beautiful Melina!!!. Great card. I've been MIA this days but I saw all your cards so far. Way to go!!!.

Pam said...

Very nice! I would have never thought about inking the edges of each of the squares, but it is very effective. Love it!

Anonymous said...

That turned out beautifully. Burgundy isn't used much in my craft room either.