Friday, December 17, 2010

Forest Friends Swap Card

Hello Lovelies!

Here it is the last shopping weekend before Christmas! Are you ready?! I know I'm SO not! ;0) It's really going to come down to the wire for us this year. But, I have no other choice than to be up for the challenge! What will be, will be...

Another thing that came down to the wire is getting these Forest Friends Swap cards out to my good friend Jeanette. I'm working around boxes so it's taking me longer to get to crafty things as far as time goes and it's like an obstacle coarse here! But, they did arrive, which I'm so happy and I can't wait to get cards back.


I found this great patterned paper at Hobby Lobby. I thought when I saw it that it fit the swap theme perfectly! I loved the earth tones in it too so to give the card a punch of color I used this coral red card stock (also from HL) for my base. I used more mustard with the sentiment and added a mustard brad. The flowers are from my stash along with the wide grosgrain chocolate ribbon. The hemp twine finishes the card.

Have a great weekend. Be safe!

Until next time...
Blessings...

Melina

5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Woo Hoo!!! I've seen this card - IRL! - and it's oh so cute!!! Love it, Melina!

marsha said...

Nice swap card and "no"! I'm not ready either, but after tomorrow's Christmas Cantada I'm going to put it in gear!
Hugs,
Marsha

Colleen said...

That paper is too cute! I love the hidden flowers as well:)

April said...

Super cute....love that DP and how you did the flowers!

Moira said...

That DP is darling... love the colours.. love the little bit of twine...