Monday, August 30, 2010

CAS82 ~ Guest Designing Again! :)

Hello out there!!! How are ya?!
I hope your week is starting off well.

Today I wanted to share with you the card I made for this week's CAS challenge over on SCS. I was chosen as a guest designer this week! yay! :) I love making clean and simple cards so I was dancing with joy when I was chosen!

This week was an inspiration challenge. We had to create a card using the word "delicious" as our inspiration. I am a huge sweets lover...LOL (need to keep away but I can't help myself)....so of course, the first thing that popped in my head was....CAKE!!!


size: 6x4.5 (fit perfectly in the invitation envies you can get at Wal-Mart now!)

I used my Cricut with the George basic shapes cartridge to cut my rounded rectangles. Then I used my Big Shot with the Elegant Lines embossing folder to emboss each piece separately.

Now what's yummier...when you're talking about sweets.....than Birthday cake?!!!

~Supplies~
cardstock ~ whisper white and pretty in pink
stamps ~ A Word For You (SU!)
ink ~ real red
accessories ~ Cricut, George cartridge, big shot, elegant lines embossing folder, SU! pearls, pink rhinestones (Kaiser Krafts), white gel pen


Thanks so much for visiting today!

Until next time...
Blessings...

10 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

The cake turned out great!

marsha said...

Melina,
This just shouts "yum"! I love your design and the embossing is gorgeous! Congrats on being chose as a guest designer.
Hugs,
Marsha

Lesley said...

Way too cute! I'm totally going to make one:)

Colleen said...

Congrats! What a fantastic idea for the cake - I love it! Really like the blog redo too:)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Beautiful! I love the way you embossed the pieces to create the cake! So creative and gorgeous, too!

Congratulations on being a Guest Designer!!!

MiamiKel said...

Congratulations to you, sweet friend, on your GDT - well deserved! This card is soooooo sweet!! I absolutely love it! I think I'll have to CASE you on this one - such sweetness!

April said...

That card is Amazing!!! So simple and yet so awesome!!! I love it!

April said...

Love your cake and no calories!!

JayLynn said...

Ooooh I love it!!! You come up with such clever card designs :)

Moira said...

So awesome!

Will remember this when I need to make a wedding card!