Monday, June 7, 2010

A Gift from God

Hello everybody!

I've been away a few days. We went on a much needed (short little) vacation. It was wonderful. Just DH and I and the kiddos. We went to Pigeon Forge, TN, our favorite vacation spot. We spent 1 1/2 days at DollyWood. If you've not been, you need to go. It has something for the whole family. Thrill rides, tame rides, kiddie rides, side shows, the best food you've ever put in your mouth!, and some great concerts too. When you go, before you leave get a bag of their homemade kettle corn! Oh Yummo!
Okay, anyway on to the crafty segment of my post:



Today's CAS challenge over at SCS was to create a card using a quote, saying or sentiment as your focal point. I decided to use my precious Refuge and Strength stamp set (so sad to see it retire from SU!). My card base is old olive. I stamped my quote on kraft c/s in basic black ink then mounted it on a piece of Sweet Pea dp then a piece of rich razzleberry c/s. The cross is stamped on kraft c/s also in basic black ink. I tied a little bit of kraft taffeta ribbon on to finish it.

I love this quote by Charles Spurgeon because sometimes I forget. I take each day for granted. I never want to do that because I know tomorrow is not promised to us. God doesn't have to give me my next breath. It is by His GRACE I have breath, I have life, I have joy, I have strength...I want to live each day thanking Him for his blessings.
One great blessing we received last night...our son was saved! He received Jesus as his Savior. It was a wonderful evening at church. As many of you know that follow my blog, our son has Autism. He doesn't understand lots of things, so we knew he might not understand Jesus dying on the cross for his sins. But, last night we had a guest singer at our church, Mr. Ricky Atkinson. He was singing "Jesus Can" and our son began to cry. I walked over to him and he started toward the alter! My husband and I prayed with him as he cried, sobbed at the alter. Our Pastor came over (who also has a son with Autism) and prayed with him also. My husband asked Aaron some questions to help understand why he had come forward. Aaron wanted to pray that Jesus would help him, and come into his heart. Of course, my husband and I began to cry and we were helping Aaron pray and all the sudden he stopped crying, raised up, looked over at his Dad and said "It's okay Daddy." We all knew that's when he had peace with the Lord. That he had asked the Lord what he needed. Aaron might not understand a lot of things but at that moment he knew what was happening and he made it happen for himself. We as parents wanted to take care of it for him because of his disability. But, we didn't have to do a thing and that is the best feeling to know our Autistic son understood that he is now a child of God. Praise the LORD!

Wow, I'm so excited and now I've talked your ears off. Just remember, each day is a gift from God, don't take it lightly.

Thank you so much for visiting me today!

Until next time...
Blessings...

6 comments:

Meg said...

I think you need to put a three-hankie warning on your post! Wonderful card, even more wonderful story. Thanks for sharing such a special moment.

April said...

Wow is right...I have goosebumps and tears in my eyes...praise God! Thank you for sharing that personal wonderful story and the fabulous card!

JayLynn said...

Lovely card and such a beautiful story too! TFS!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Your card turned out great. I love the layout's simplicity, yet bold statement.

What a perfect evening for, Aaron. Happy family!

Moira said...

Beautiful card.

Loved the story too.. how wonderful for you all. :)

Colleen said...

You should have put a warning on this:) I had to reach for the kleenex. What wonderful news for your son!!! I love the card too - the colors are so pretty together!