Monday, December 21, 2009

What's in a word?

Happy Christmas week! I know you have lots to do and so little time to do it. It makes me very happy that you took time from your schedule to stop by my blog. I hope you're all done with your shopping and can now stay home to wrap gifts and bake. Yummm, I can smell your wonderful Christmas cookies. :)
I pray you will also take time to remember the true meaning of this glorious Season. Our Lord came to earth as a babe. He knew his mission and did it willingly. He was "Born to Die"! Born to die for you and me! That is, was and forever will be the greatest gift of all. ~Thank you Lord~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, for some crafty goodness! I made these two cards as a sort of personal challenge. I wanted sentiments, either stamped or computer generated, to be my focal point. No stamped images. Of course, to make them a little more interesting I used designer series paper from SU! too.


The first card has a computer generated sentiment. I used rich razzleberry as my base. Then a piece of razzleberry lemonade dsp. Crushed curry c/s and printed the sentiment on pixie pink c/s. A misc. piece of glittered chipboard and some stickles to finish it off.


And now the sister to the first card. I again used rr as my base. Then another piece of rl dsp. And yet another piece of pixie pink c/s but this time I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set Happy Everything from SU! (rich razzleberry ink). I then used a stamp from Birthday Bliss SU! stamp set and stamped on white c/s in pixie pink ink. Then punched it with my scallop circle punch and placed it with dimensionals. I finished the card with Melon Mambo ribbon.

I hope you like them. Thanks again for stopping by. Have a great day!

Until next time...
Blessings...

8 comments:

Tracey said...

Hi Melina - Merry Christmas - I really like the first sentiment card. Thanks for sharing and spreading some holiday cheer.

Jennifer said...

Both cards are very pretty! Too cute!!!

Melanie said...

Beautiful cards, MERRY CHRISTMAS girl, you rock and I love you.

Lesley said...

I really like both your cards but I just the purple and pink together!

Colleen said...

Merry Christmas!

The flower DP is so pretty. I keep thinking about doing printed sentiments, but haven't done it yet. Nice!

marsha said...

Love both of your cards and what a great reminder about Christmas. "Jesus is the Reason"!

Hugs,
Marsha

JayLynn said...

Super pretty cards!!

April said...

Great colors and I love the saying on the first one!