Sunday, December 6, 2009

Top Note Fun #1 & CCBGC #13

Hello my bloggy sisters! I hope you are having a wonderful day. Thanks so much for stopping by. I have a card to share today for the Crafty Critters Blog Group Challenge #13. Jenny hosted this one and her challenge to us was to make a split negative card. Now, I've never tried this and it didn't turn out like I had hoped. You see when it comes to stamping exactly straight and especially twice in a row...well, let's just say that's not one of my strong points. But, this is my creation...


As you can tell I chose a sheer ribbon to go over my 'split negative'. I thought this might do good at distracting the eye from the fact that it's not a perfect split! hee! hee! I used real red c/s as my base then stamped the SU! medallion stamp on a white top note in chocolate chip ink then on a chocolate chip top note in white craft ink. 'Hello' is from the fundamental phrases stamp set. I did a little fake stitching on two corners.
It's not what I imagined it would be but it's as close as this fumble fingers can get. hee! hee!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Until next time...
Blessings...

7 comments:

paige said...

Melina, this card turned out great! This awesome image would be a challenge for anyone to line up and you did just fine!

Jennifer said...

This is very pretty! And it doesn't matter that the images don't line up. It's still perfect!!!

JayLynn said...

I think your card turned out lovely and your split looks good to me ;) The ribbon is a nice touch as well!

Colleen said...

Classy card! Don't worry - it's not that noticible that it's not even (mine wasn't perfect either!)

Anonymous said...

Melina!!! This is really pretty!!! I really need to jump on the challenge bandwagon ... :-)

April said...

I think it came out great....and when you use a pattern like that you can't really even tell you flubbed!

Tracey said...

I think this came out great. TFS!